Mrs. Afifi Haddad
- 2 large eggplants.
- 5 Tbsp "Tahina" (sesame seed paste).
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (depends on how much you want it to taste of garlic).
- juice of 2 lemons.
- Remove stem from top of eggplant.
- Pierce eggplants with fork in several places.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until very soft (or you may barbeque eggplant for
15 minutes, turning frequently-this is quicker than the oven method).
- Peel the eggplants, discard the skin and cut in half.
- Mash garlic with salt in the food processor.
- Add lemon juice and mix.
- Add Tahina and mix.
- Add eggplant and mix until soft.
- Serve in plate and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Back to Sitty's Kitchen