Mrs. Afifi Haddad
- 1/4 cup Tahina.
- 2 cups Chickpeas.
- 3 Garlic pieces (from one clove).
- 2 Lemons (to be used to make Lemon juice).
- one spoon of salt.
- Olive oil.
- Parsley (optional).
- If you are using fresh Chickpeas (which tastes better than can bought) do the following first:
1. Soak overnight in water.
2. In a pressure cooker, on medium heat, boil the Chickpeas for 10 minutes. When finished, drain.
- In blender, combine salt and garlic.
- Add ½ of Lemon juice and blend.
- Add 1/4 cup of Tahina and blend.
- Put Chickpeas in blender and blend.
- Add more Lemon juice or Tahina to taste if desired.
- You can garnish final product with Olive Oil and Parsley if desired.
Back to Sitty's Kitchen