Mrs. Afifi Haddad
- 5-6 cups of finely chopped (and well washed) parsley.
- ½ cup "burghul" (fine cracked wheat).
- ½ cup of fresh mint (finely chopped) OR 1 Tbsp dried crushed mint.
- 4 green onions, chopped.
- 1 onion, finely chopped.
- 2 Tbsp. salt.
- 5 tomatoes, finely chopped.
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice.
- ½ cup olive oil
- Rinse cracked wheat. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Add lemon juice, oil and salt to cracked wheat and set aside.
- Combine parsley, mint, onions and tomatoes and add them to cracked wheat mixture.
- Toss just before serving.
Back to Sitty's Kitchen