Kishk with Meat
Violette Humsi, Hong Kong
- 1 1/4 cup kishk powder
- 10 oz. lean lamb
- 1/2 cup of butter
- small head of garlic (crushed)
- 3 cups. water
- 2 tbs. salt.
- Chop meat into very small cubes or ras assfour,
then sautee in frying pot with the melted butter.
- Remove from heat and transfer into cooking pot
add some salt and water and cook over medium heat until done.
- Fry garlic in the same butter in which meat was sauteed.
- When garlic is golden brown, remove into another container and set aside.
- Add Kishk to the frying pot and cook in the remaining butter.
- Stir over moderate heat for a couple of minutes or so.
- Transfer all the sauteed kishk into the meat
and boiling water mixture.
- Add remaining garlic and stir well until it starts
to boil and it had thickend into the right consistency.
- This is served very hot and is excellent for cold winter days.
- Enjoy and sahtain!
Back to Sitty's Kitchen